Facebook Pinterest Email Twitter TeachersPayTeachers Image Map

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy New Year!  My new year has started off with a bang.  I started off the year by having an unexpected hand surgery.  One thing I learned is how grateful I am that some people chose to become doctors and some nurses.  I am very thankful for the care they have given me over the last few days.  

Although having surgery on my hand wasn't exactly what I classified as fun, it gave me a chance to reflect on the importance of having full use of my hands.  We use our hands to do everything from primping in the morning in preparation for the day to holding our children close.  As I thought about this, I reflected on how our children use their hands so much when learning.  So, I thought I'd start the conversation on this:  How does your child use her hands to help her be an active learner?  Here is just a few to get you started:



Counting on fingers
Tapping out syllables
Pointing to the words being read
Turning pages
Following along


Now it's time for you to join the conversation.  Let me know how your child uses his hands to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment